Collingwood PublicUtilities

Planning a Move

Planning a move can be stressful. Fortunately, moving your Collus PowerStream/Collingwood Public Utilities bill isn't. You can use the forms listed below to let us know what you'd like to do with your account and email to

It is important to let us know about your move at least three (3) business days before the legal closing date or lease agreement date.  Advance notice helps ensure your move is completed correctly, and in a timely manner. 

New Accounts

If you’re opening your first Collus PowerStream/Collingwood Public Utilities account, use the Electrical Energy and/or Water Services Contract Application Form to start electric and water services at your new address and email to

NOTE: We may also require notification from your lawyer in order to complete your request. Lawyers may fax us at 705-445-8267.

*Please be advised it may take up to 8 weeks to receive your first bill, and a $20.00 setup fee will be applied.


In order to set up e-billing you must wait for your first bill to arrive. Once you have this bill, you can then use the account number, along with the meter number, which is found on your bill to sign up for our Customer|Connect program.


Please note we require a $200 deposit unless a credit letter from a previous utility company can be provided. We accept cheque, cash or debit in the office.


Please keep in mind that when your tenant vacates the property your name will automatically be put back on the account. If you have a new renter moving in, please advise them to contact out office.

Closing an Account?

If you are moving out of our distribution area and want to close your account, please fill out the Final Read Request Form and email to This form closes the account and will ask you for all of the details we need to process your request.  

I'm Moving

If you already have an account with us and are moving to a new, resale or rental home in our service area, please fill out the Electrical Energy and/or Water Services Contract Application Form and the Final Read Request Form (In order to close an existing account, if applicable) and email to These forms will ask you for all of the details we need to process your request. 

If you have any questions or would like assistance completing the forms over the phone, please contact our customer service representatives at 705-445-1800 or email